Friday, May 7, 2010

Bread Test



Today I made my first batch of my sourdough bread from the the starter. Had lots of fun with it. I had to wash up in the middle of kneading it though to help the respiratory services guy unload grandma's oxygen tanks. He seems like a pretty nice guy. Anyway, back to the kneading...finished that up and then let it rise for an hour. Punched it down and let it rest 15 min and then shaped the loaves. After that they got to rise for another hour and then I set them in the oven for about 30 minutes. After they came out of the oven I ate the heel with some butter on top.....OMG!!! SOOO GOOD!!! Ya'll can go ahead and be jealous now. I also made hot wings for lunch. Made some nut-peanut-chip-choc-chip cookies for grandma, who is not feeling the greatest as of late. And then, this evening I made some veggie soup to go with the bread. We dipped our pieces in olive oil and herbs.

The studying for my GED test is going good. I studied so hard today that I am sure my brain was smoking....*cough,cough, gasp!!* Next week I go in GED class to start taking the pre-ged tests. The week after I will do the same. Only 17 days until the official test..YAY!!!

Our garden is doing well. Planted the herb garden yesterday. We are going to have tomotoes running out of our ears this year. The roses and peaches are going to be plentiful as well. I love this season :)

There is not much else to write about.....I am going to end for now. I hope to take pictures of the garden and such this weekdend. Maybe I will do some more studying. I also need to get back in to reading again. I borrowed a whole bunch of books from the library the other day but have had trouble starting any of them. I kinda sorta started one this evening. It is a biography about Winston Churchill. I will let ya'll know if it is any good...that is, if I finish it...lol!!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of the sourdough! You need to send some our way. lol.
    Glad to hear that things are going well with the GED! I can't wait for you to be done with it, so then we can celebrate.;)
    The picture of the flower is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I am jealous! I've tried this several times and ended up with hard little disks every time. It smelled right..but obviously wasn't.

    ReplyDelete