Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Perfect Day


All I can do is sigh with contentment as I write this. My two younger sister and I sat out in the sun this evening after my four hour nap. We blew bubbles, talked about boys, and watched our crazy dog tear around the yard at the speed of light. She ran all over Heather's homework...lol!! Martha showed me her track warm-ups, which look like a lot of fun. I felt like a flower soaking up all those dazzling rays of sunshine. When I got home from the hospital this afternoon I tried to eat lunch...which did NOT go well! So I then took a pain pill which resulted in me drooling on the couch for the next four hours. I had the craziest dreams!!! I am hoping that tomorrow proves to be another sunshine-filled day. If so, I am going to take a book out or my i-pod, some sunblock, and go stock up on sunshine. Maybe I will even sit in the garden and meditate...pretend I am a flower and lift my face to the sun and smile :). Life is so good when you are not having to lay on a hospital bed and haunt the lonely halls. Supper went down well....no pain!!! All of us sat on the porch eating mashed potatoes and BBQ chicken for supper...then the sun went down, some of us stayed on the porch doing homework, some of us laughed and cried together. All we needed to complete the evening would have been root-beer floats and lightning bugs :)....naw, it was perfect. I love my sisters....my brothers....my whole family <3. I am so happy and thankful that I was spared...that I am alive today. Jesus lives!!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the photo ~ did you take that?

    Praising and praying . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds perfect :) What a lovely way to end a bad few days. I hope you continue to heal.
    You are such an inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Sounds perfect! Isn't sunshine just awesome!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say leave the sunblock inside and turn a nice toasty brown! Mmmm! Vitamin D is my friend! le Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not take the photo...but it is pretty :D. I would leave the sunblock inside but the meds I am on make my skin sensetive and supposedly I will burn :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was it bbq chicken or hot wings?:)
    Glad to hear you are out of the hospital now!

    ReplyDelete