Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Rain

When I woke up this morning....something felt different. The air was close and cool. The room was darker than usual. I felt sad. It is a day for rain I guess.



Mum and I planted flowers in the window boxes on the porch yesterday. It was so fun to be up and around helping out. And being so close to the dirt and flowers was like food for my soul. It is a good day for rain. All the flowers that got planted will do really well to get some moisture after all the trauma of being planted yesterday.
Mum is at the flower shoppe helping out with the arrangements for the Military Ball that is coming up here in a bit. Wish I had someone to go with. I think that later....if it is not pouring buckets, I will walk in to town and see her there at the shoppe, and maybe do a little window shopping.
I am sure this post is pretty boring and pathetic....oh well!! Maybe I will have more to write at the end of my day.

3 comments:

  1. I love that it rained today! I about missed it with being at work.;)
    What are the arrangements like for the ball? Sounds so elegant.;)
    How was the walk?
    I don't want to hear you calling yourself or your posts pathetic! I like both just the way they are.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring? Not at all! I think they're lovely thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly question- what is a military ball ??

    Sounds like a great day to me :)

    ReplyDelete